History of FBC Smithfield
Smithfield Baptist Church was organized by 12 charter members. The Rev. George Washington Green served as first Pastor.
A sanctuary was built here in 1902 on town lots donated by G.W. Gunter. The church supported area missions and organized a Youth Union, Sunday School, and Woman’s Missionary Union.
Smithfield Baptist Church planted Shady Grove Baptist Church, which is now a thriving congregation on Precinct Line Road.
Smithfield Baptist Church was renamed First Baptist Church of Smithfield. 1958 is also the year the town of Smithfield was annexed by North Richland Hills.
A new sanctuary was built in 1962 and several facilities were added over the years.
FBC Smithfield celebrated it’s 100th anniversary and received a Historical Marker.
Our current pastor, Clark Dunlap, began serving at FBC Smithfield.
In 2015, we celebrated 120 years with a neighborhood festival!